MIAMI, FLA. — The Marco Rubio for Senate campaign released the following statement one week out from Election Day.
“Marco Rubio gets things done for Florida. Marco has had more bills signed into law in the past two years under a Democrat president and Congress than Demings has in all of her six years in Washington. Unlike Demings, Marco knows that the number one issue facing families today is inflation, and he’s going to keep working in the Senate to decrease our reliance on foreign oil and bring good jobs back to the United States,” said Elizabeth Gregory, communications director for Marco Rubio for Senate.
In the Senate, Marco:
- Created the Paycheck Protection Program, saving over half a million Florida small businesses and six million Florida jobs during the pandemic.
- Doubled the Child Tax Credit for working families, which was proven to benefit lower income communities in particular.
- Brought accountability to the Department of Veterans Affairs and made it possible for veterans exposed to toxic burn pits to get the care they need.
- Made important headway on Everglades restoration efforts, driving historic levels of federal funding to improve water quality and manage invasive species, leading the New York Times to call him “the national park’s most vigorous champion in the Senate”.
- Expanded treatment options for children battling cancer.
- Successfully protected Florida’s low income housing tenants from slumlords.
- Held bad actors at Florida sober homes accountable for taking advantage of recovering addicts.