September 1, 2016
Patrick Murphy is dishonest
- -Murphy has been repeatedly caught lying about his background. CBS Miami found he “never worked a day in his life as a CPA,” “was never a small business owner,” and was never awarded any oil spill-related contracts. Murphy falsely claimed he earned “dual degrees” from the University of Miami.
- -Murphy has lived a privileged life and hasn’t had to work for anything. Murphy’s father gave him a nearly $100,000 salary after the company laid off 70% of its workers. After Murphy was elected in 2012, his father gave him family company stock worth up to $5 million. Murphy’s father has also spent millions support his son’s political campaigns.
- -Murphy thinks he’s entitled to a Senate seat. He’s already been exposed as hiding from voters for the last several months and has avoided debating the issues in every campaign he’s ever run. If Murphy weren’t so privileged, maybe he’d be more willing to actually meet with Floridians instead of hiding from them.
Patrick Murphy is ineffective
- -Murphy has been ranked one of the “least effective members of Congress.” He has never been the primary sponsor of a bill that was signed into law or even advanced out of committee. Lacking any accomplishments, Murphy admitted, “I honestly don’t know,” when asked how many bills and amendments he’s sponsored have become law.
- -Murphy doesn’t show up for work. Murphy is a member of the Financial Services Committee, but his office said he missed half of the committee’s meetings. When he isn’t skipping meetings to attend fundraisers, Murphy admits that it’s because “a spot on the committee has helped him network and meet potential donors.”
- -Murphy has used the Zika and algae bloom crises to score cheap political points. Murphy is the only person in the race who has voted against funding for Zika. On the algae crisis, Murphy has failed to convince President Obama to declare a state of emergency. Murphy actually made things worse by delaying needed aid to Floridians so he could take credit at a press conference.
Patrick Murphy is liberal
- -Murphy has stood in lock step with President Obama’s disastrous foreign policy. Murphy already acted as a rubber stamp for the dangerous Iran nuclear deal. Murphy also wants to close Guantanamo Bay and allow terrorists to be brought to the United States.
- -Murphy not only supports Obamacare, he wants to expand it. Murphy promised that Obamacare would keep costs down and create more competition, but families are finding that the exact opposite is true. Murphy doubled downed on his support of expanding Obamacare by calling for a public option, even as Floridians are suffering from cost increases and limited options.
- -Murphy’s campaign has the backing of liberals in Washington DC, like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and Barack Obama. Harry Reid “wooed” Murphy into running for the Senate, and he wants Murphy elected so badly that his super PAC spent over a million dollars in a Democratic primary for the first time ever. Barack Obama needs Democratic majority in the Senate to pass even more liberal policies, and that’s why he’s putting “considerable weight” behind. Murphy’s campaign – cutting TV and radio ads, sending fundraising emails, mailing letters, and dispatching Joe Biden to Florida to help.
- -Murphy’s record of supporting tax increases and liberal economic policies has hurt Florida’s families. Murphy voted for higher taxes on hardworking Floridians and small businesses. He also supports a carbon tax and costly environmental regulations that will drive up utility costs on families who are already struggling to get by.