Val Demings voted for and supported the Congressional Progressive Caucus’ “People’s Budget,” which included the largest tax hike in U.S. history.
In supporting Crazy People’s Budget, Demings voted to:
- Raise taxes by $8.2 trillion – nearly $65,000 per household
- Add a $10.25 per barrel tax on oil, which would significantly raise prices at the gas pump.
- Funding to sanctuary cities.
- Cut defense spending by nearly $1 trillion.
- Create a public option for health insurance which would set us down the path to single-payer healthcare.
Demings was also an original co-sponsor of the THRIVE Agenda, a $9.5 trillion increase in spending over ten years on wasteful green energy projects.