MIAMI, FLA. — Val Demings’ latest ad proves she’ll go to any lengths to mislead Floridians if it helps her win in November.
The ad touts Demings’ previous support of Kate’s Law, which would enhance penalties for convicted and deported criminals who reenter the United States illegally.
But while Demings may have supported Kate’s Law, on that very same day she voted against H.R. 3003, which would force sanctuary cities to comply with federal immigration laws, effectively canceling out Kate’s Law in certain parts of the country.
Politico reported at the time that H.R. 3003 “targets so-called sanctuary cities and would force them to comply with federal immigration laws, including requests to detain suspected undocumented immigrants for 48 hours beyond their scheduled release. Florida Democrats all voted against it.”
“The one example Congresswoman Demings can point to of ‘standing up to her party’ is a bill she preemptively voted to undercut the very same day by allowing sanctuary cities to evade federal immigration laws. Val Demings has been nothing but a rubberstamp for the Democrats’ radical, open-borders agenda in the House, and she’d do the same in the Senate,” said Elizabeth Gregory, communications director for Marco Rubio for Senate.
Demings’ Record on Immigration
Demings voted for:
- Amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants, saying it would “make our immigration system fair” despite giving an unfair advantage to those who came here illegally.
- Sending pandemic stimulus checks to illegal immigrants.
- Giving illegal immigrants the right to vote.
- Funding to sanctuary cities.
- A pathway to citizenship for gang members.
- The Biden Administration’s move to end Title 42, which gives border patrol the ability to turn away illegal immigrants.
- The border wall, calling it “an absurd waste of money.”
- Providing border agents with much-needed resources to do their jobs.
- President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency at the border, calling the border crisis “nothing new” and a “seasonal thing.”
- Informing ICE when an illegal immigrant attempts to purchase a gun.