Since joining the Senate, Marco has worked tirelessly to help Florida businesses compete in the 21st century economy. As a member of the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Committee, Marco knows that Washington’s failure to cut taxes and reduce regulations is hurting the ability of Florida businesses – especially our 2.3 million small businesses – to create jobs and increase wages for all workers.
Marco’s plan for economic growth will help keep jobs in America by making our country the most innovation-friendly economy in the world:
- Cut Taxes for Businesses and Families. America has the highest corporate tax rate in the developed world and taxes for small businesses that can exceed 45%. Marco’s pro-growth, pro-family tax reform plan will cut taxes for all businesses to 25 percent and create millions of new jobs.
- No New Taxes. Politicians are in both parties are pushing to raise taxes on everything from energy to Internet purchases to family farms. Marco knows that taxes are too high already, and he will keep his promise to oppose new taxes on Floridians.
- Reduce Washington Red Tape. Federal regulations from agencies like the EPA and IRS are out of control, costing the economy over $2 trillion per year. Marco will fight to cap the cost federal regulations can cost our economy, allowing Florida businesses to grow without unnecessary interference from Washington.
- Repeal Unconstitutional Executive Orders. Marco will work to reverse the damage President Obama has done by repealing his unconstitutional and illegal executive orders that are hurting job creation.
- Fully Utilize All of our Energy Resources. Marco believes that we must fully utilize all of our abundant energy resources, including renewables and natural gas. Doing so will cut costs for our citizens and businesses and reduce our dependence on energy from unstable foreign nations.
- Modernize Our Outdated Higher Education System. Marco has outlined a comprehensive plan to modernize our higher education system to equip workers with the skills they need to succeed in the 21st century.
For his efforts to create jobs, Marco has earned a 100 percent rating with both the National Federation of Independent Business and the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council.